Everybody’s excited and waiting in anticipation for the launch of Apple’s latest iPhone. The media is in a frenzy and discussion boards are heating up. Want to know what all the fuss is about? Here’s a roundup about predictions and speculations we’re reading about including ideas on new features and composition.
- 30% Faster: Rumours say the new A9 processor will be between 20-30% faster than the A8 chip used in the previous iPhones. There was a significant increase in processing capacity with the upgrade of the A7 to the A8 processor, so the new A9 chip is expected to significantly improve multitasking on the iPhone.
- 60% Stronger: Apple will use the same aluminium alloy that the Apple Watch is made of. a sturdy composition called the 7000 Series Aluminium. Does this mean No More #BendGate? We’ll talk about that in another post, stay tuned.
- New Colours: A sublime Rose Gold pic of the upcoming iPhone was leaked, then we saw a Pink version too. What colours would you like to see the new iPhone in?
- New Features: ForceTouch is being brought to the iPhone for the first time, Siri is being improved and apps such as Maps and Notes are being rejigged to work better. The camera is also rumoured to get an upgrade into DSLR-quality, says the Telegraph.
- Longer Battery Life: That’s all we ask for, Apple, really! Last year, the iPhone 6 Plus was launched with a battery life of 16 hours but the younger brother iPhone 6 didn’t see any change from the previous iPhone 5’s battery life of 10 hours. We’re now reading reports of a new type of battery from British firm Intelligent Energy that will help smartphones last a week, or longer! This will be a game-changer if successful, let’s wait and watch.
Share your ideas on what you’d like to see added to the new iPhone in our comments section below.