The following are the terms and conditions (called "the terms") for the supply of goods and services by Chromevalue Holdings Ltd trading as Direct Mobiles. We may change the terms from time to time without notice. However, any changes will only apply to any orders received after the change.
We intend to rely upon the terms. It is important that you read and understand the terms before ordering from Direct Mobiles. If there is any term that you do not understand please notify us before ordering from us.
Direct Mobiles unique offers will have specific terms which are applicable to each one and these will be explained to you by phone or on our website at the relevant page.
You must be over 18 to order any products from us. We only accept orders from you if you are resident in the United Kingdom. By ordering from us you confirm that you are over 18 and in the United Kingdom. Delivery can only be made to addresses in the United Kingdom.
The benefit of any contract entered into with us is personal to you and only you can enforce the contractual terms.
We only agree to supply a phone to you if you enter into an airtime agreement to connect the phone we supply to an airtime provider for a minimum period of 12, 18 or 24 months on the particular network and tariff that is associated with the phone. If there is a delivery charge, you must also pay that. The reason we insist on this is because mobile phones are worth several hundred pounds and we can only sell or supply a phone either free or for a price below what the phone is worth if you also enter into such an airtime agreement. Your contract for airtime is not with us but is with a separate mobile phone network.
If we deliver a phone to you and you do not enter into the associated airtime agreement or you cancel your agreement AND do not return the phone to us (or where permitted under paragraph 10 do not enable us to collect it) we will charge you the retail price of the handset only phone.
The phone and any other goods we deliver to you become your responsibility once they are delivered to you.
3. Ordering from Direct Mobiles
All orders for our mobile phones are subject to you passing status and credit checks required by the mobile phone networks, we will also use third party credit reference agencies (CRA) to do further identity and credit checks where necessary. We may also at times ask for further proofs of identity to help us protect you from identity theft. The CRA we currently use to provide further checks is Call Credit. If you are making a payment for the goods, orders are subject to obtaining payment authorisation from your credit or debit card provider. We will let you know if you do not pass these checks or if we do not obtain such authorisations.
Please note that any automated reply or acknowledgement of your order that you may receive from us by email is not an acceptance of your order. The contract between us is made when we despatch the goods to you. If you have ordered through our website, we will send you an email confirming this. Only the goods stated on that email will be included in the contract.
Prior to entering the contract, we will be under no obligation to supply you with the mobile phone or other goods or services you have ordered.
We reserve the right to refuse or reject any order to obtain any goods or services at any time.
To purchase from us, you will need to use a credit, debit or charge card. If you order by our website, you will also need an e-mail address as we will use this to contact you. It is your responsibility to verify that your mailbox is in proper working order and you must assume the risk of all consequences for transmission or operational failures.
In order to obtain a mobile phone from us, it is necessary to pay your monthly payments to the airtime provider by direct debit. We will arrange for this to be set up automatically for you and details will be confirmed to you by your mobile phone network in writing soon after connection together with confirmation of when your first and ongoing payments will be taken. If there is a change to the date, amount or frequency of your direct debit, you will be given 10 working days' notice before any money is debited from your account. In the unlikely event of an error, you are entitled to an immediate refund from your bank. You have the right to cancel the direct debit at any time. This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the direct debit scheme. However you should be aware that airtime agreements usually require payments to be made by direct debit and you may be in breach of your airtime agreement if you cancel a direct debit or request a refund.
If you order insurance through us the insurance company will require a direct debit for any insurance premiums. We will arrange for this to be set up automatically for you and details will be confirmed to you by the insurer in writing soon after connection. If there is a change to the date, amount or frequency of your direct debit, you will be given 10 working days' notice before any money is debited from your account. You have the right to cancel the direct debit at any time. This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the direct debit scheme. However you should be aware that your insurance may cease if you cancel a direct debit or request a refund. Once you are connected to your mobile phone network, your first bill may not be for a complete month. The exact period will depend on the particular billing cycle that the airtime provider operates. We do not have any control over this but it does mean that any free minutes and/or free messages are pro rated from connection up until the date of your first bill. We recommend that you check this with your mobile phone network upon receipt of the phone.
If you have agreed to pay for the phone or any goods during a telephone call with us, the price will be the price that we tell you during our telephone call. If you order from our website the price will be the price quoted on the online order form.
Occasionally we may make a mistake in the price quoted on our website or in an advertisement and if we have made such an error, then we will inform you of this as soon as we become aware of it and will tell you the correct price and ask you if you still wish to place a new order with us. If we have not heard back from you within 10 days, then we will assume that you did not want to place a new order and we will give you a full refund if you have already paid.
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if one or more of the goods you ordered were listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or because of an error in our website. If we do cancel your contract in such circumstances, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
By ordering from us, you agree that we are authorised to charge your credit, debit or charge card with the amount shown on the online order form or the amount we agree with you over the phone.
Any delivery charges will be explained to you by phone or, if you order from our website, will be stated on the website.
We will deliver to the current address given by you at the time you place your order. You or someone from your family must be available to accept delivery and sign an acknowledgement of delivery at your address. If the package appears damaged when it is delivered to you we advise you not to accept delivery.
We strongly recommend that, upon receipt, you inspect the phone. In the unlikely event that we deliver the wrong phone to you or the phone or other goods are defective or damaged, please inform us as soon as reasonably possible.
We will not be liable for any delays beyond our reasonable control. If you delay a delivery, our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end on the date we agreed to deliver it.
If we are unable to provide you with the phone you have ordered for reasons beyond our reasonable control, you will be contacted as soon as possible at which point you will be offered the choice of accepting a substitute phone or a complete refund of any sums that you have paid.
If the item is in stock and ordered before 6.00 PM (Mon-Fri), we aim to dispatch the same day. Orders placed after 6.00pm Friday, all day Saturday and before 2.30pm on a Sunday will be delivered on Monday, orders placed after 2.30pm Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday. We use DPD, but in some cases delivery could take up to 5 working days. If you have not received your order within 5 working days please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com. Next day delivery service is available for UK Mainland only. Deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and other UK areas will take 2 days and no Saturday delivery service is available in these areas. Delivery to the Channel Islands is not available. Please note that deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, Ireland and the Isle of Man are not eligible for next day delivery. Postcodes within these areas are subject to a £5 delivery charge and will be shipped via a 2 day service.
EASTER DELIVERY: Orders placed Thursday 13/04/17 will be delivered Tuesday 18/04/17. If you require Saturday delivery, please call us to place order. Saturday deliveries cannot be guaranteed due to bank holiday weekend.
6. Data Protection and Privacy
By ordering from Direct Mobiles, you agree to us using your personal details in order to supply the goods to you (which may involve passing them on to relevant third parties such as credit card companies, mobile phone networks, insurance companies and delivery firms) and in order to send you further information about our products and services. If you breach this agreement your personal data may be disclosed or passed to third parties to the extent necessary to assist recovery procedures.
To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, we may monitor or record communications.
We will also pass on your personal details to mobile phone networks to enable them to set up direct debits, administer your airtime agreement and perform checks with credit reference agencies and for anti-fraud checks. We may also carry out status checks. If you order your insurance through us, you give us permission to pass your data to relevant insurance companies. You consent to us and people to whom we pass your personal details to contact you by post, email, SMS and phone. You consent to us obtaining information from the relevant mobile phone network, insurance company or provider of mobile phone replacement schemes and any repairers about your use of the phone we supply to you.
Under the Data Protection Act, any individual may write to the Data Protection Co-ordinator at the address below and request a copy of the information which we hold about them. We reserve the right to charge the maximum fee payable in terms of the Data Protection Act for providing this information. If the details are inaccurate you can ask us to amend them.
You may request us to stop using your data or contacting you in particular ways (other than as is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our agreement or as permitted by law) by contacting our Data Protection Controller. We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law for example to the Financial Conduct Authority and other regulatory and government agencies.
To help us and mobile phone networks to make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud and to check your identity, we and the mobile phone network may search our own files and the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file. Details of how you conduct your account may be disclosed to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors.
If you wish to take advantage of our returns policy, it is your obligation to return the phone in question together with any accessories and other goods supplied at your own cost by special delivery. Our returns policy only applies to phones which are unused (i.e. not used to make or receive calls or send or receive messages or data).
Our returns policy is in addition to any other rights you have and enables you to return the unused phone and other products we have sent you and end any associated airtime agreement. For phones with an associated airtime agreement, the unused phone and other goods must be returned to us within 14 working days of delivery (30 days on EE Business Tariff). You must follow the Returns Procedures supplied with the phone. If there is an associated airtime agreement, you will remain liable to pay for any line rental until the unused phone and all other goods we supplied to you are received back by us in unused condition in accordance with this policy. The unused phone and other goods must be returned in their original packaging. If we do not receive the phone and other goods back by the required date or if it has been used or we do not receive all the accessories that we sent to you, then any associated airtime agreement will not be cancelled and you will remain liable under it. You are respons ible for the phone and other goods until they are received by us. Unless we have provided you with a prepaid envelope, you are responsible for the cost of returning the phone to us.
Refunds (where applicable) will be credited to the card used for the original purchase after receipt of the returned equipment and satisfactory inspection by us. Please allow 30 days for the refund.
If your handset develops a manufacturers fault within 30 days we will exchange it for a new handset. You will need to call the Direct Mobiles customer service care line to arrange for an exchange. Once we have received your handset we will assess the fault and call you on your preferred contact number. You must return the handset by Royal Mail special delivery.
Please enclose a receipt of postage and we will gladly refund you the cost. Postage will not be refunded if no fault can be found, non warrantable fault or if no receipt of postage is sent. An admin fee of £10 will be levied for the return of non warrantable and no fault found phones which have not been repaired.
Unless you have cancelled the contract in accordance with paragraph 10, even if you do not use the phone, the airtime agreement will be deemed to be have commenced on the date of delivery.
If you enter into a nominated airtime contract we are sometimes able to offer you a free or subsidised handset, free line rental (through cheque back claims) and/or give you a promotional item. You acknowledge and agree that if you end the nominated airtime contract or you if fail to fulfil your payment obligations under the nominated airtime contract or if you subsequently move onto a lower tariff in the nominated airtime contract within the first seven months of the start of such contract we have the following rights:
8.1.1 to charge to your payment card the recommended retail price of the handset supplied to you (up to £500);
8.1.2 to charge to your payment card the recommended retail price of any promotional item; and
8.1.3 to charge to your payment card the value of any cheque back claims already made or, where cheque back claims have yet to be made, to cancel your right to any and all cheque back claims; and
8.2 If for any reason we are unable to charge your payment card as set out in paragraph 9.1, we reserve the right to claim such sums back by any other means available to us including by way of court action.
Nothing in the terms limits our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury from our negligence.
We will not be liable under our agreement with you for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where i) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents; ii) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach at the time we enter into our contract with you; iii) any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms.
We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time we enter into our contract with you (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
As a consumer, you have certain rights by law regarding the return of defective goods and claims in respect of losses caused by any negligence on our part or our failure to carry out our obligations. The terms do not affect those rights.
We will not be liable in any way for technical or other problems that you may experience when using our website and we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind caused to your computer equipment from using our website.
All offers are valid only for the periods stated in the relevant advertisement or on the relevant web page.
If any provision of the terms is unenforceable this will not stop the rest of the terms from being enforceable.
Even if we do not exercise any of our rights on a particular occasion, that will not prevent us exercising those rights in the future.
The terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each of us submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
11. Cancellation under Distance Selling Regulations
If you are a consumer, in addition to the benefit of our returns policy you also have certain cancellation rights under Distance Selling laws and paragraph 10 applies.
Should you wish to cancel your contract then you may do so by sending us written notice before we have accepted or despatched your order or by sending us written notice no later than 7 working days after receiving the phone.
However, as there is an associated airtime agreement you will not be able to cancel your agreement once you have started to use the phone.
If you cancel your agreement before you have received the goods but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you.
If you cancel your agreement after receipt of the goods, once you have cancelled you must not use the goods and you must keep them in their original packaging.
You must take reasonable care of the goods.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own risk and cost. You should follow the Returns Procedure enclosed with your phone.
Once you have notified us of your cancellation then any sums paid by you will be reimbursed within 30 days (other than our costs if we have to recover the goods from you). If you cancel under this paragraph and have not returned the goods to us within 7 working days of cancellation or when requested, you must make the goods available for collection by us at your cost. We can recover the costs of recovering the goods from you if you do not return them to us.
12. Provisions applicable to the use of our website
The contents of our website are directed solely at those who access this site from the United Kingdom. Any products for sale on this site may only be purchased and delivered to persons within the United Kingdom. If you choose to access the website from outside the United Kingdom it is your responsibility to check that you comply with any relevant laws. We may decline access to our website to any person.
We may revise the provisions applicable to the use of our website at any time by updating this posting. You should check our website from time to time to review the then current provisions, because they are binding on you.
Chromevalue Holdings Ltd is the owner of Direct Mobiles trade mark and branding. All other trade marks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trade marks, brand names, product names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
Limited License: You are permitted to print and download extracts from our website on the following basis: (i) no documents or related graphics on this website are modified in any way; (ii) no graphics on our website are used separately from accompanying text; and (iii) our copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies; (iv) you only do so for your own personal use and in connection with your use of the website as part of an ordinary relationship with us. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on our website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. Any use of extracts from our website other than in accordance with the limited license above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this paragraph 11, your permission to use our website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from our website.
Other than by way of the limited license above, no part of our website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
Any rights not expressly granted in the terms are reserved.
You may not link our website to any other website without our prior written consent. If we give any such consent we can revoke it at any time.
We provide our website on an 'as is' basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to our site, its contents or its accessibility and disclaim all such representations and warranties. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. For example, specifications of phones are obtained from the phone manufacturer. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All our liability for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We will not be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Notwithstanding the above, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
In the terms:
"you" and "your" means the person, firm or company who enters into a contract with us, or in the case of paragraph 11, the person firm or company who accesses our website.
"us", "our" and "we" means Chromevalue Holdings Ltd trading as Direct Mobiles, a limited company registered in England. Our company registration number is 8251723. You can write to us
at 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DQ.
Chromevalue Holdings Ltd’s VAT Number is GB 231 6017 49.
Chromevalue Holdings Ltd trading as Direct Mobiles 1994 -2017. All Rights Reserved. The contents of this the terms and our website are protected by copyright.
- The chances of a stolen mobile phone being returned to its owner are less than 1%.
- Current phone models can cost up to £700 to replace
- A brand new handset is more likely to be stolen.
- Mobile phone theft is Britain's costliest form of crime.
- Many household policies do not cover your mobile phone for theft and damage outside your home. Household policies also tend to have large excesses and increases in premium if you claim.
- Repairs can be expensive and in many cases as much as a new phone.
- Mobile phones damaged by water or fluid often cannot be repaired - and are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Misuse of airtime
If your phone is stolen and the thief uses it before disconnection the insurers will cover the cost of the unauthorised calls made up to £1000 providing you notify us of the theft within 24 hours.
If your phone breaks down after the manufacturer’s warranty the insurance will also cover you for the cost of repair including parts. The cost of repairing your phone could be more than the phone is worth.
Worldwide trips of up to 90 days are also covered by the insurers at no additional cost.
Any accessories you buy from us on the same date as your phone will be covered up to a value of £200.
Repairs and replacement
In the event that your phone is stolen you will receive the same model of phone subject to availability, if unavailable a replacement with similar features and functions will be supplied. If your phone is damaged or breaks down and is beyond economic repair you will receive a new model of phone subject to availability (please note iPhones may be remanufactured handsets), if unavailable a replacement with similar features and functions will be supplied.
If your phone is damaged or breaks down the store you bought it from can send it away for repairs and lend you a phone whilst yours is being repaired.
Schedule of Insurance
Please contact the Administrator on the number shown overleaf if you have not received your Schedule of Insurance within 14 days of applying for cover.
MOBILE PHONE INSURANCE POLICY SUMMARY
The information shown here is only a summary of what is covered. It does not form part of the contract between you and us. Please read your policy for full details of all terms and conditions and the excesses that apply to you.
This policy is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. It is administered by Warranty & Creditor Services.
It is a mobile phone insurance policy and covers theft, damage to the mobile phone and misuse of airtime.
Theft and Accidental Damage
- If the phone is stolen you will be supplied with the same model of mobile phone if available, if the same model is not available then a replacement with similar features and functions will be provided.
- Theft must be reported to the police within 24 hours of the incident, you must notify your mobile network to bar your handset within 24 hours of the incident and the administrator within 48 hours of the incident.
- If the phone is damaged or breaks down after the manufacturer’s warranty expires then you are covered for the cost of repair including parts.
- If the phone is damaged or breaks down after the manufacturer’s warranty and is beyond economic repair you will be supplied with the same model of mobile phone if available, if the same model is not available then a replacement with similar features and functions will be provided.
- There is an excess for each and every claim. The excess is £75 for iPhones, £50 for policies with a premiums of £9.99 a month, £40 for policies with premiums of £6.99 or £7.99 a month and £20 for policies with a premium of £4.99 or £5.99 a month.
- The maximum number of claims that may be made where the handset is a total loss (stolen or damaged beyond repair) is two.
- The policy does not cover some instances of theft where the phone is not within your sight at all times and out of your arms-length reach.
Misuse of airtime
- If the phone is stolen and is then used before disconnection, the policy covers all unauthorised calls made on the phone up to a value of £1000.
- The policy does not cover the cost of any unauthorised calls if the theft is not notified to your airtime provider as soon as theft becomes apparent.
- The policy lasts indefinitely.
- If the policy lasts for more than one year, it may be necessary for you to review and update your cover periodically, so that it remains adequate for your needs.
Making a claim
- To make a claim, please complete a claim form at www.wcsinsurance.co.uk or call 01256 471387 for a claim form
- For theft claims you will need to provide a completed claim form, a crime reference and evidence of any forced entry (where appropriate).
For misuse of airtime claims you will need to send your original airtime bill showing the calls that were made following theft.
For damage claims you will need to send your handset to our authorised repairer.
- You will have the right to cancel this policy within 14 days of the start of the cover by providing written notice to the Warranty & Creditor Services, 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ. If you do not exercise your right to cancel this policy will continue in force indefinitely until termination by you or the underwriters.
- In the event of a complaint please write to the Customer Service Manager at Warranty & Creditor Services, 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ stating the nature of your complaint and the policy number in the first instance.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may subsequently approach the:
Customer Relations Department
UK General Insurance Limited
Old Mill Business Park
Gibraltar Island Road
- Complaints that cannot be resolved by the Customer Relations Department at UK General Insurance Limited may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the “FOS”) Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9GE. Information about the FOS can be found at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ including details of the types of complaints the FOS will be able to consider. It can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123.The above complaints procedure is in addition to Your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about Your statutory rights contact Your local Authority Trading Standards Service or Citizens Advice Bureau
Initial Disclosure Document
- We are Chromevalue Holdings Ltd of 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DQ trading as Direct Mobiles
- We are an Appointed Representative of Warranty & Creditor Services of 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Warranty & Creditor Services’s permitted business is advising on, arranging and dealing (as agent) in non investment insurance contracts (broadly simple insurance contracts with no element of investment involved). You can check this on the FCA Register by visiting the FCA’s website: http://www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
- We do not provide any advice or information on mobile phone insurance. We only offer mobile phone insurance from one insurer, UK General Insurance Limited.
- We will not charge a fee for our service.
- If you wish to register a complaint, please write to the Customer Service Manager at Warranty & Creditor Services, 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ stating the nature of your complaint and the policy number in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may subsequently approach the Customer Relations Department at UK General Insurance Limited, Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds LS10 1RJ. Telephone: 0345 218 2685
Email:email@example.com. Complaints that cannot be resolved by the Customer Relations Department at UK General Insurance Limited may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the “FOS”). Information about the FOS can be found at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ including details of the types of complaints the FOS will be able to consider. It can be contacted by email at complaint.info@financial-ombudsman. org.uk. Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123.
Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the Scheme if they cannot meet their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. You can get more information about compensation scheme arrangements from the FSCS or visit www.fscs.org.uk. Statement of price
Premiums vary from £4.99 to £9.99 per month depending on handset value. Premiums include Insurance Premium Tax. The premium is separate from the cost or purchasing your mobile phone or paying for your airtime.
Statement of Demands and Needs
This insurance product meets the demands and needs of a mobile phone owner who wishes to protect their handset from the costs of theft or damage. It has not been personally recommended by Direct Mobiles.
DIRECT MOBILES MOBILE PHONE THEFT, DAMAGE & EXTENDED WARRANTY INSURANCE POLICY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This insurance is arranged by Warranty & Creditor Services of 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ.
It is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE
Warranty & Creditor Services, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the FCA register by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768.
UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No. 4506493. Registered Office: Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS10 1RJ.
Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, Registered in England No. SE000083. Registered Office: Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AJ. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
Intention of Cover
This Insurance provides cover for Your Equipment against Accidental Damage, Theft, Misuse of Equipment and Breakdown.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this policy and will appear in bold with a capital letter.
An accidental and unforeseen failure, breakage or destruction of Your Equipment, with visible evidence of an external force being applied and which results in the Equipment being rendered unusable.
Warranty & Creditor Services of 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke RG24 8QQ Tel (01256) 471387.
The failure of any electrical or mechanical component in Your Equipment due to a sudden and unforeseen fault, which causes the Equipment to stop working in the way the manufacturer intended and which requires repair or replacement before the Equipment can be used again
Computer Virus means a set of corrupting, harmful or otherwise unauthorised instructions or code including a set of maliciously introduced unauthorised instructions or code, programmatic or otherwise, that propagate themselves through a computer system or network of whatsoever nature. Computer virus includes but is not limited to 'Trojan Horses', 'worms' and 'time or logic bombs'
Electronic Data means facts, concepts and information converted to a form useable for communications, interpretation or processing by electronic and electromechanical data processing or electronically controlled equipment and includes programmes, software and other coded instructions for the processing and manipulation of data or the direction and manipulation of such equipment.
The Equipment specified in the Schedule or any subsequent Equipment You replace it with subject to being able to provide proof of purchase and usage.
Forced and violent
Entry/exit evidenced by visible damage to the fabric of the building, room or vehicle at the point of entry.
Misuse of Equipment
If You have a valid claim for Theft of Your Equipment, this covers the costs of any calls up to the sum insured made by another person using Your Equipment without Your permission following Theft
Monthly Premium Payment
The agreed amount payable by You by Direct Debit each month in order that cover remains in force under the terms and conditions of this policy wording.
Period of Insurance
This is a rolling monthly contract and commences on the purchase of this policy as shown on Your Schedule and continues by periods of one month upon receipt of Your Monthly Premium Payment other than for Extended Warranty (Breakdown) which commences 12 months after purchase of the Equipment.
The schedule shown on the certificate of insurance.
The unlawful taking of Your Equipment against Your will by another party, with the intent to permanently deprive You of that property.
Not within Your sight at all times and out of Your arms-length reach.
Means UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE
The Person who owns the Equipment as stated on the insurance Schedule or an immediate family member or other person named on the Schedule.
What We will cover
Like all insurance policies, there are key exclusions and conditions. Please refer to these specific paragraphs below:
Theft: If Your Equipment is stolen We will replace it.
Accidental Damage: We will pay repair costs if Your Equipment is damaged as the result of an accident.
Breakdown: If a Breakdown of Your Equipment occurs outside of the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty period We will pay the repair costs. If We are unable to economically repair Your Equipment then, a replacement item will be provided.
Misuse of Equipment: If You have a valid claim for Theft of Your Equipment, this covers the costs of any calls up to the sum insured made by another person using Your Equipment without Your permission following Theft. Misuse of Equipment cover is only applicable if shown on the Key Facts mobile phone insurance policy summary.
Our maximum liability in respect of any one claim for Theft, Accidental Damage and Breakdown will be the replacement cost of Your Equipment and in any event shall not exceed £1000.
Our maximum liability in respect of any one claim for Misuse of Equipment shall not exceed £1000.
The Insurance does not cover:-
1. Theft, Accidental Damage or Breakdown covered by any other insurance or warranty
2. Theft or Accidental Damage to the Equipment:-
a. whilst left in an unattended motor vehicle unless the Equipment is concealed from view and all doors, windows and other openings of the vehicle have been left closed, securely locked and properly fastened with the ignition and other keys removed and such door, window, opening, lock or fastener has been forcibly and violently accessed to gain entry
b. whilst left on any motor vehicle roof, bonnet or boot
c. from any property, place or premises unless such Theft or damage has occurred through Forced and Violent entry or exit
3. The first £75 of each and every claim on iPhones. For other phones the policy excess is £50 where premiums are £9.99 a month, £40 where premiums are £6.99 or £7.99 a month and £20 where premiums are £4.99 or £5.99 a month
4. The maximum number of claims that may be made in respect of total loss (either Theft or irreparable damage) on any Equipment, is two
5. Theft where the Equipment has been left Unattended when it is away from Your home.
6. Theft or Accidental Damage to the Equipment whilst on hire or loan to any third party
7. Any costs in excess of the repair or replacement of the Equipment
8. Accidental Damage or Breakdown through negligence, abuse or misuse of the Equipment including any incident where the Equipment is placed into a washing machine whether accidentally or otherwise
9. Accessories to Your Equipment unless purchased from Direct Mobiles on the same date as the Equipment and costing no more than £200
10. Any claim when You are outside the UK for a period of longer than 90 days
11. The cost of any claim whatsoever relating to software or any date changes
12. Cosmetic damage where the Equipment still functions normally
13. Loss caused by a manufacturer’s defect or recall of the Equipment, or any faults or issues that can be traced as being existing prior to the commencement of the policy
14. The cost of repairs or replacement carried out by anyone not approved by the Administrator and the use of non-approved components
15. Any loss of or damage to any data stored on or contained within the Equipment
16. Theft or Accidental Damage unless a SIM card registered to You was in Your mobile phone at the time of the incident
17. Terrorism, war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities whether war is declared or not, civil war, rebellion, revolution insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalism or requisition or destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or legal authority
18. Damage or destruction caused by, contributed to or arising from:
i. ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
ii. the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or component thereof.
19. Damage or destruction directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices traveling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
20. Loss, damage, destruction, distortion, erasure, corruption or alteration of Electronic Data from any cause whatsoever (including but not limited to Computer Virus) or loss of use, reduction in functionality, cost, expense of whatsoever nature resulting therefrom, regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss.
(a) However, in the event that a peril listed below results from any of the matters described in paragraph above, this Policy, subject to all its terms, conditions and exclusions, will cover physical damage occurring during the Policy period to property insured by this Policy directly caused by such listed peril.
Listed Perils: Fire, Explosion
1. If Your Equipment is subject to Theft, Accidental Damage or Breakdown We will at Our own option either pay for the cost of repairs by a qualified engineer authorised by the Administrator or replace Your Equipment with an item of the same or similar specification subject to availability.
2. Cover is only available if Your Monthly Premium Payment has been paid from the start date of this insurance and there are no outstanding payment defaults.
3. We may alter the premiums by giving You thirty days notice to proportionately reflect legitimate cost increases or reductions associated with insuring Your Equipment. This does not affect Your statutory rights under this insurance contract. In the event of any increase in premiums You have the right to immediately cancel this contract
4. We may take legal action against any third party responsible for a loss.
5. You must take all reasonable steps to protect and preserve Your Equipment and minimise Our liability.
6. Unless some other law is agreed in writing, this policy is governed by English law. If there is a dispute, it will only be dealt with in the courts of England or of the country within the United Kingdom in which Your main residence is situated.
Consumer Insurance Act
You are required by the provisions of the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 to take care to:
a) supply accurate and complete answers to all the questions We or the administrator may ask as part of Your application for cover under the policy
b) to make sure that all information supplied as part of Your application for cover is true and correct
c) tell Us of any changes to the answers You have given as soon as possible.
Failure to provide answers in-line with the requirement of the Act may mean that Your policy is invalid and that it does not operate in the event of a claim.
If We obtain evidence which suggests that You were careless in providing Us with the information We have relied upon in setting the terms and premium of this insurance and if Your carelessness causes Us to provide You with insurance cover which We would not otherwise have offered or would have offered on different terms and premium, We may:
- Give You notice in writing that You must pay more for Your insurance;
- Give You notice in writing that the terms of Your insurance have changed; or
Cancel this contract of insurance by giving You thirty days’ notice and return any premium paid for the balance of the remaining term.
If We give You notice that the terms of Your insurance have changed or that You must pay more for Your insurance, then You may give Us thirty days’ notice in writing if You wish to terminate the contract.
Any return premium due to You will depend on how long this contract has been in force and whether You have made a claim.
If We establish that You deliberately or recklessly provided Us with false information We may:
- Treat this insurance as if it never existed;
- Decline all claims; and
- Retain the premium (all or part, unless it would be unfair to do so)
In the event of Theft of the Equipment You must within 24 hours of discovery of the incident notify:
- Your telephone service provider to bar Your Equipment from further use within 24 hours.
- The police and obtain a crime reference
- The Administrator within 48 hours to obtain a claim form either by telephone on (01256) 471387 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org., or complete a claim form online at https://wcsinsurance.co.uk/
You must fully complete the claim form and return it to the Administrator together with documentary proof of the crime reference and proof of any forced entry (where applicable).
For Misuse of Equipment claims You must provide Your original airtime bill showing the calls that were made following Theft. In the event of damage or Breakdown outside of the manufacturer’s warranty You must within 48 hours of discovery of the incident notify the Administrator on (01256) 471387 to obtain a claim form or complete a claim online at http://claims.wcsinsurance.eu/
You must fully complete the claim form and return it to the Administrator and send the Equipment by Royal Mail Special Delivery to Our authorized repairer whose address is shown on the claim form, who will then arrange repairs.
Claims will only be considered if Your Monthly Premium Payment has been paid from the start date of this insurance, up to and including the month in which the claim occurred and there are no outstanding payment defaults.
You must supply the Administrator with any receipts or documentation requested in the event of a claim.
If You decide that for any reason, this Policy does not meet Your insurance needs then please return it to the Administrator within 14 days from the day of purchase or the day on which You receive Your policy documentation, whichever is the later. On the condition that no claims have been made or are pending, We will then refund Your premium in full.
Thereafter You may cancel the insurance cover at any time by informing the Administrator however no refund of premium will be payable
We shall not be bound to accept renewal of any insurance and may at any time cancel any insurance document by giving 14 days notice in writing where there is a valid reason for doing so. A cancellation letter will be sent to You at Your last known address. Valid reasons may include but are not limited to:
- a) Fraud
- b) Non-payment of premium
- c) Threatening and abusive behaviour
- d) Non-compliance with policy terms and conditions
Provided the premium has been paid in full You will be entitled to a proportionate rebate of premium in respect of the unexpired period showing on the insurance.
It is the intention to give You the best possible service but if You do have questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim You should write to the Customer Service Manager at Warranty & Creditor Services, 6 Faraday Office Park, Faraday Road, Basingstoke, RG24 8QQ stating the nature of Your complaint and Your policy number.
If You are not satisfied with the outcome You may subsequently approach the Customer Relations Department UK General Insurance Limited Cast House, Old Mill Business Park Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds LS10 1RJ
Telephone: 0345 218 2685
If it is not possible to reach an agreement, You have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This also applies if You are insured in a business capacity and have an annual turnover of less than €2million and fewer than ten staff. You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.Telephone: 0300 123 9123. Email: email@example.com
The above complaints procedure is in addition to Your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about Your statutory rights contact Your local authority Trading Standards Service or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme, if they cannot meet their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. You can get more information about compensation scheme arrangements from the FSCS or visit www.fscs.org.uk.
Data Protection Act 1998
Warranty & Creditor Services do not pass any personal data about You to any third parties without Your consent. When You apply for insurance and/or make a claim, You will be required to disclose relevant personal data about You to Warranty & Creditor Services or their agents, including data which is deemed “sensitive” under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your explicit consent to the processing of this data, which is required under the Data Protection Act 1998, will be requested at the time of purchase or when You make a claim. Please note that any information that You provide may be shared with other insurance providers, for the purpose of preventing fraudulent claims. All information provided by You will be used by Warranty & Creditor Services, its agents and associated companies, other insurance providers, regulators, industry and public bodies including the police, to process this insurance, handle claims and prevent fraud.
Your chosen cash back, will be paid directly into the bank account we have registered for you each time a cash back payment is due to you. You will automatically receive the cash back payment by 30th* of each month until you either upgrade or cancel your current contract. If you have selected a one-off cash back deal, we will pay the cash back amount within 90 days from the date of connection.
Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply in addition to (i) the Terms and Conditions for Airtime/Network Supply/Mobile Phone Services with your network operator and (ii) the Terms and Conditions of Sale and/or Terms and Conditions for Supply of your Equipment/Handset/Phone with Direct Mobiles
- This offer is only open to residents of the UK of 18 years of age or over.
- This offer is subject to credit status and you entering an Airtime Contract for a minimum term.
- Once you have accepted the terms of your Airtime Contract, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Automatic Line Rental Discount.
- There is no need to submit a redemption claim and no claim forms are required.
- You will receive your mobile phone bills each month for the full advertised monthly cost, which you are required to pay.
- The payment you will receive is the equivalent amount of discounted line rental which you will automatically receive on the 30th of the 2rnd month after connection.
- Example: SIM Only 15 (12 months) £15.32 per month with 1 months discounted line rental to £12 has a cashback value of £3.32.
- You will automatically receive a payment into your bank account registered with us for £3.32 on the 30th March 2011 for a connection purchased in January 2011.
- In order to claim any discounted line rental and/or cashback or similar, you must be able to demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that your Airtime Contract has not been cancelled and all payments thereunder are up-to-date when you claim.
- In the event that your Network Operator makes a clawback of any commissions paid to us due to a default or termination by you under your Airtime Contract, we reserve the right to charge you for the full amount of any such clawback up to the amount of any discounted line rental or similar applied or paid by us to you or for any cashback paid to you.
- Direct Mobiles is trading name of Chromevalue Holdings Ltd t/a Direct Mobiles, 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DQ, Reg no. 8251723
Cash back by redemption:
If you have chosen redemption cash back deal offered on our website, cashback will be paid in instalments if the claim process has been followed, instructions on how to claim will be provided with your order. For example, if you are on a 24 month contract, the cashback is claimable by instalments in months 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 for new connection or upgrade. If you are on a 12 month contract, the cashback is claimable by instalments in months 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 for new connection or upgrade. Cash back will become void for customers who disconnect from the network prior to their payment being made.
16. International Calls Terms and Conditions
"We"/"us"/"our" mean Direct Mobiles powered by Dial-a-Code, a trade mark of Core Telecommunications International Limited, 18 Edward Square, Bloomfield Avenue, Dublin 4. Ireland.
"You"/"your"/"Customer" shall mean the person ordinarily resident in the UK and Northern Ireland that is the primary user of the Dial-a-Code Service, and includes any person enabled or permitted by the Customer to use the Dial-a-Code Service.
"Service" is the Direct Mobiles Service which is intended to be used from Mobile Phones and allows the Customer to make telephone calls via an Access Number with the Customer being charged only by their service provider.
"Access Number": the Direct Mobiles Access Number is a phone number provided by us that you must use to access the service. Calls to the Access Number are billed to the bill payer of the phone used to contact the Access Number by the bill payer’s existing network operator.
The Dial-a-Code service works with all EE SIM cards. The Dial-a-Code PAYG prices as shown are for use with EE phones only, for calls from the UK. The Dial-a-Code international service access numbers have been set up by T-mobile specifically for use with the Dial-a-Code international service. Prices are specific to these numbers and are charged by EE through standard pay as you go credit or pay monthly bills. Prices and or available destinations for the Dial-a-Code international service are subject to change. Customers will be notified of changes on the www.dialacode.com website or via SMS. All standard EE terms and conditions apply to your usage. Use of the numbers from any other network will be charged differently or may not be accessible. Dial-a-Code makes no charges to the user for this service and accepts no responsibility for any charges made by the service provider of your mobile service.
You must not use the service to make offensive, indecent, menacing, nuisance or hoax calls; or fraudulently or in connection with a criminal offence. If you do we may cease service without notice
All Prices and or available destinations for the Dial-a-Code international service are subject to change. Customers will be noticed of changes on the Website. We do not guarantee that your call will be connected to your destination number, or the quality of the call, as these matters are influenced by things outside our reasonable control.
If we cannot do what we have promised in this Contract because of something beyond our reasonable control such as lightning, flood, or exceptionally severe weather, fire or explosion, civil disorder, war, or military operations, national or local emergency, anything done by government or other providers of telecommunications services or networks or other competent authority or industrial disputes of any kind, (including those involving our employees), we will not be liable for this.
We are not liable for any failure to perform our obligations if we are prevented from doing so by an event beyond our reasonable control (which may include, without limitation, strikes, labour disputes; acts of God, war; riot; civil action; malicious acts or damage; compliance with any law, governmental or regulatory order, rule, regulation or direction; virus or other harmful components; any act or omission of any government or other competent authority; accident; equipment or services failure, including the unavailability of third party telecommunications services, lines or other equipment; Are; flood or storm ).
We accept liability for our negligence, but only to the extent stated in this paragraph. We do not exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, nor any liability arising under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 . Our liability to you in contract, tort or otherwise (including for our negligence) arising in relation to the service is limited to £100 for any one incident or related series of incidents and £ 200 for any series of incidents related or unrelated in any period of 12 months. In any event we have no liability for any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable, nor for any direct or indirect loss of business, revenue, profit or savings you expected to make, wasted expense, financial loss or data being lost or harmed . We do not accept liability for the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications services or networks or for the availability or performance of such services or networks. If you use the service for business purposes you must indemnify us against any claims that anyone (other than you) threatens or makes against us because the Service is faulty or cannot be used by them. Each provision of this paragraph operates separately in itself and survives independently of the others.
Invalidity and inconsistency
If any part of these term s are unenforceable Including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these terms will not be affected.
Please click here
to see EE 4G Terms & Conditions
Retail Price Index (RPI) is a measure of the increase in prices for consumers and businesses on average across the country, over the last 12 months. This measure of inflation is published monthly by the Office for National Statistics.
The RPI looks at the prices of hundreds of items that we spend money on and it tracks changes in the cost of these items over time. It is produced by combining around 180,000 price quotes for over 650 representative items in 150 different areas across the UK.
This is known as the ’basket of goods‘ and is regularly updated to reflect changes in the things we buy. Examples of goods included in the basket are food, drinks, clothing, cinema tickets, furniture, cars, public transport, holidays, telecoms, electricity and water.
The annual rate of inflation shows how much higher or lower prices are compared with the same month a year earlier. So if the inflation rate is 3% in January, for example, prices are 3% higher than they were 12 months earlier. Or, to look at it another way, we need to spend 3% more to buy the same things.
We compare this to the annual change recorded in the previous month to get an idea of whether price rises are getting bigger or smaller. If the annual rate has risen from 3% to 4% from one month to the next, prices are rising at a faster rate, if the rate has fallen - say from 3% to 2% - prices of the things we buy are still higher, but have not increased by as much.
Between January 2012 and March 2016 the RPI has ranged from 3.9% to 0.9%.
|Price until February 2018 ||Price from March 2018 to February 2019 ||Price until February 2018 ||Price from March 2018 to February 2019 ||Price until February 2018 ||Price from March 2018 to February 2019 |
|£13 per month ||£13 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 28.49 per month ||£ 28.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 50.99 per month ||£ 50.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. |
|£ 18 per month ||£ 18 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 30.99 per month ||£ 30.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 55.99 per month ||£ 55.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. |
|£ 23 per month ||£ 23 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 33.49 per month ||£ 33.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 60.99 per month ||£ 60.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. |
|£ 16.99 per month ||£ 16.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 35.99 per month ||£ 35.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 47 per month ||£ 47 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. |
|£ 18.49 per month ||£ 18.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 38.49 per month ||£ 38.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||-- ||-- |
|£ 20.99 per month ||£ 20.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 40.99 per month ||£ 40.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||-- ||-- |
|£ 23.49 per month ||£ 23.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 43.49 per month ||£ 43.49 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||-- ||-- |
|£ 25.99 per month ||£ 25.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||£ 45.99 per month ||£ 45.99 per month plus annual RPI adjustment. ||-- ||-- |
24 month minimum term, Subject to credit check (for new connections), Price assumes Direct Debit & online billing, Other terms apply, see ee.co.uk/terms, Key Out of Bundle charges, Confirmation of numbers included in inclusive minutes & texts when Annual requirement to update the year in tables as detailed above.
19. OUT OF BUNDLE RATES – EE PLANS (HANDSET & SIM ONLY)
| ||EE 24 Month Handset & SIM Only |
|Plans Included in Allowance (3,4) ||Cost of Calls Made Outside of Allowances (Inc VAT) (1,2) |
|Calls to UK mobile Numbers ||All plans ||50p per minute |
|Calls to certain MNVO Numbers ||× ||50p per minute |
|Calls to landlines (numbers starting with 01, 02 or 03 excluding Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man) ||All plans ||50p per minute |
|Calls to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man ||× ||50p per minute |
|Calls to numbers starting with 0800, 0808 or 116 (5) ||× ||Free |
|Calls to numbers starting with 0500 (5) ||× ||20p per minute |
|Calls to numbers starting with 08, 09 or 118 (not including Freephone 080) (8): ||× ||Access Charge of 50p per minute plus a Service Charge |
|Calls to retrieve voicemail ||All plans ||50p per minute |
|Text messages to UK mobile numbers (3,4) ||All plans ||15p per message |
|Text messages to certain MVNO numbers (3,4) ||All plans ||15p per message |
|Picture Messages ||× ||50p per message |
|Calls to Customer Services (During Normal Working Hours) (9) ||× ||Free |
|Calls to Customer Services (During Extended Working Hours) (9) ||× ||50p per call |
|Call Divert (6) ||All plans ||50p per minute |
|Roaming minutes and SMS within the EU, Channel Islands and EEA countries - including back to the UK. (7) ||All plans ||Standard rates apply |
|Minutes to landlines and mobiles outside the EU, Channel Islands and EEA countries. (7) ||× ||£1.60 per minute |
|SMS to mobiles outside the EU, Channel Islands and EEA countries. ||× ||35p per message |
|Data roaming within the EU, Channel Islands and EEA countries. ||All plans ||Data pack prices apply |
|FAIR USAGE POLICY FOR DATA USAGE ABROAD |
(Caps will apply to customers on a 15GB or higher plan)
|UK ALLOWANCE ||10GB ||12GB ||15GB ||16GB ||20GB ||30GB |
|FAIR USAGE ||10GB ||12GB ||15GB ||15GB ||15GB ||15GB |
- A one minute minimum call charge applies. Thereafter calls are charged on a per minute basis
- Calls made within your allowance are charged on a per second basis
- Calls & text messages to certain MVNO ranges and call forwarding services are not included in your allowance. A pre call announcement may be heard prior to call connection. Text messages are charged at 15p per message. For more information see ‘points to note’ in the Plan Price Guide
- Your inclusive minutes and texts are from the UK to UK mobile networks , voicemail, and numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 - certain roaming allowances may also be included.
- Calls to some charity helplines(e.g Childline) are free to call and will not be deducted from your allowance. For a full list please visit the help section of our website ee.co.uk
- Call divert is included in your allowance where the diverted to number would have ordinarily been included in your allowance. Standard call rates apply to outside of allowance calls
- Roaming minutes and texts are for use whilst travelling within EU, EEA or Channel Islands. For a full list of countries please see ‘points to note’ in the Plan Price Guide or visit ee.co.uk/roaming
- Please see ee.co.uk/ukcalling for a list of Service Charges
- Call charges vary depending on the time of your call as well as other optional selections that you may choose. You will be notified of call costs and have the option to end the call at that point without incurring any charge. Please see our ‘Non-standard Service’ brochure for further details and definitions of our ‘normal working hours’ and ‘extended working hours’.
20. About Pro-Rata Billing
Within around six days of connection, you will receive your first bill from EE. This will be for one full month’s line rental to cover the monthly recurring charges in advance. The new package is effective immediately and in the majority of cases, your billing date will be the day after connection to prevent any Pro-rata implications to their inclusive allowances. Example scenario:
- You have purchased on 1st of month.
- Billing date usually 2nd of month- you would be charged one month in advance.
- Full allowance available immediately.
If you are adding another line onto your existing account part way through your billing period you will see part charges on their next bill – A part charge for line rental for the additional line from the date of connection, up to their existing bill date plus one month in advance. It’s the same for your inclusive allowances too, you will only receive a partial allowance to use from date of connection until your existing billing date. Example scenario:
- You have purchased on 15th of month.
- Your existing billing date is 1st of month (set by date of connection of first EE line).
- On next billing date you will be charged for a full month of line rental for each line plus 16 days worth of line rental of new connection to align billing.
- 16 days worth of allowance available until next billing date
EE – EE Upgrades
If a you have changed price plan it is effective immediately, therefore this will create part charges on your next bill, which will appear as: - A Pro-rata refund of the old plan (as it was paid one month in advance) Example scenario:
- A Pro-rata charge for the new plan (to cover the date the charge became effective, until the existing bill date)
- A charge for the new price plan, equivalent to one month in advance.
- It's the same for allowances too. You will get a partial allowance refund for your old price plan and a partial allowance for your new plan to cover them until their bill date.
- Your existing billing date is 1st of month (set by date of connection of original EE line).
- You have upgraded on 15th of month.
- On next billing date you will be charged for a full month of line rental in advance in addition to 16 days worth of line rental of the new upgraded Plan to align billing. You will also receive a refund of 16 days worth of line rental for your old plan which was paid in advance.
- 16 days worth of allowance available until next billing date
Migrations to EE
When you migrate to EE from your Orange/ T-Mobile account will be closed. Your final Orange/T-Mobile bill will act as your first EE bill and will detail a Pro-rata refund of your old plan (because it was paid one month in advance) and a charge for your new plan equivalent to one month in advance. Example scenario:
A new Account Number, bill date and Direct Debit date will be set up for your EE account. The new billing date will, in most cases, be the day after connection to prevent any Pro-rata implications to your new inclusive allowances.
- Your Orange billing date is 1st of month.
- You are migrating to EE on 15th of month.
- Billing date becomes 16th of month for future EE bills.
- Your final Orange bill charges one month of new EE plan in advance minus 15 days of Orange line rental.
- Full allowance available immediately.
21. Plusnet Terms & Conditions
Please click here
to see Plusnet Terms & Conditions
22. EE Pay Monthly Terms & Conditions
Please click here
to see EE Pay Monthly Roaming Terms & Conditions
23. EE Pay As You Go Roaming Terms & Conditions
Please click here
to see EE Pay As You Go Roaming Terms & Conditions
24. Mobile Phone Screen Insurance
Please click here
to see Mobile Phone Screen Insurance Terms & Conditions